Receive Email Updates

* indicates required

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Russian River Memories



This morning I was listening to the incomparable Amadou et Mariam who I was turned on to by one Mr. Patrick Dooley, old friend, artistic director of Shotgun Players and generally awesome dad, Red Sox fan and troublemaker. Whenever I listen to them I have many nostalgic memories of a week we spent at the Russian River with the Dooley clan (Patrick, Kimberly and at that time, their only daughter) Penelope (and Josephine in Kimmy's belly) as well as the Frassinellis, Katie, Michael and their twins Bobby and Libby.

It was a really special time in the summer of 2006. Michael and Katie had moved eastward some years ago and this was the first time we had spent a chunk of time with them and the Dooleys in what seemed like years. Michael was in town to work on masks and other things for Ragnarok and they made a family trip out of it. Somehow Patrick could get away for a spell (though the boys did run down to the East Bay a couple of times to work on the show).

It was great to hang with everyone, the kids had a ball together, and I took a bunch of pictures. I loved that weekend and have so many fond memories about it I thought I'd post about it. Top memories are definitely dancing in the living room to Amadou et Mariam, laughing, dessert, swimming with the kids, throwing rocks at buoys, and barbecuing bacon for breakfast.

No comments: